Student Leadership Team
We are a group of 38 students representing every tutor group within the college who meet every two weeks.
We believe being a member of the S.L.T will:
- -Make students involved in decision making which will influence whole school improvement- for examples see our meeting minutes
- -Gets our voice heard and ensures that our concerns are taken seriously
- -Improve the way people behave towards one another e.g. less bullying/fighting, more respect- for example peer mentors, cyber mentors and P.A.L (Pool Active Listeners)
- -Allows us to practise important skills such as decision making, problem solving, public speaking, debating, representing others, mentoring, etc.
- -Helps the staff understand what we really want and how we would like it to happen e.g. learning detectives and student researchers
- -Enable us to make connections both locally and national, for example the cyber mentors forum
- -Make sure all our meeting minutes and decisions made are spiralled up to the College Leadership Team and down to tutor groups
Team Building Session
The Student Leadership Team took part in a team building exercise to introduce the new members of S.L.T. In groups they were given a few simple materials and an egg! The task was set to find a way to help the egg survive a drop from the library windows into the quad (around a 10m drop!). Whilst various methods were used from make-shift parachutes to attempting to seal the egg in sellotape, some were more successful than others! Here are some photos from the experience:
There are several sub committees of S.L.T to deal with issues in a more in depth way. These are: