9th February 2018
Dear Parents / Carers
A huge thank you to the 100+ parents who were able to complete our questionnaire. If you didn’t have chance to complete it but would still be interested in leaving your feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the normal school number (01209 712 220) and we’d love to hear from you.
In the Autumn questionnaire, at least 80% of parents said:
● Their child is happy
● Their child feels safe
● Their child is well looked after
● They were happy or very happy with the progress their child is making
● Their child is taught well
In the Spring questionnaire, all the above areas remained above 80%, and the additional areas above 80% now include:
● Pool Academy ensures students behave
● Pool Academy is well led and managed
We are delighted with the positive improvement in results and thank all the parents and carers who have worked with us on the identified areas.
We recognise there is still work to be done though and a particular thank you to the parents who left their contact details for this questionnaire and have met senior leaders to start a plan of action for this term.
In the Autumn questionnaire, parents identified the following areas as priorities for the Academy:
Responding to concerns:
● At least ¾ of parents responded positively or very positively in the Spring questionnaire about this area.
● Senior leaders have been available for drop in sessions and bookable appointments since the start of the year.
● We aim to respond to all emails and phone calls within 24 hours.
● Included with this letter is a card with contact details for key staff.
● If you have any concerns though, you can always escalate this by emailing email@example.com
Communicating with all stakeholders about the Academy’s Anti-Bullying strategy:
● The Spring questionnaire saw a 50% increase in the proportion of parents responding positively or very positively about this area.
● Mr Walker (Assistant Principal) has been working with students and parents (via the ‘Friends of Pool Academy’ group) on our Anti-Bullying Charter, and more widely our Peer Support Strategy. If you would like to review this with him, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or the normal school number).
Ensuring all progress information is as valuable as possible:
● The Spring questionnaire saw an 11% increase in the proportion of parents responding positively or very positively about this area.
● Mr Ryder (Assistant Principal) has been working with parents to produce a summary sheet that details when parents can expect to receive information, what it means and how they can best support their child. He continues to develop this so if you would like to review this with him, please contact us (email@example.com or the normal school number).
● We also recognised that some parents weren’t able to access the online progress tracking information easily. Therefore we have recently sent out reports via paper whilst we work with parents on this.
The Spring questionnaire identified one additional key area for improvement: Ensuring students have the appropriate amount of homework.
● Mr Ryder (Assistant Principal) and Mr McKenzie (Assistant Principal) will be working with all Heads of Departments to devise a summary sheet for homework so you and your child know when they should expect to have homework and what format it will take, e.g. project-based.
● If you would like to work with them on this, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or the normal school number).
Again, thank you for your continued support whilst we work with you to improve the experience at Pool Academy for all students and parents.
Miss Claire Meakin